Information and resources regarding harm reduction are available at the links described briefly below.
A nonprofit health and social services agency in Wisconsin that works to provide testing and services for individuals with HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C. The Lifepoint clean needle exchange program is also available to injection drug users throughout Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (SCAODA) works to enhance quality of life for Wisconsin citizens by preventing alcohol and other drug abuse and its consequences through prevention, treatment, recovery, and enforcement and control activities.
Reports written and approved by SCAODA can be found here with accompanying cover letters. The following reports provide evidence-based recommendations regarding prevention:
- Alcohol, Culture and Environment Workgroup Recommendations- “Changing Wisconsin’s Alcohol Environment to Promote Safe and Healthy Lives.”- April 2010
- Reducing Wisconsin’s Prescription Drug Abuse: A Call to Action – January 2012
- Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment(SBIRT) – May 2013
- 911 Good Samaritan Recommendations – “Analysis and Recommendations for Reducing Drug-Related Overdoses in Wisconsin” – August 2013
- Wisconsin’s Heroin Epidemic: Strategies and Solutions – July 2014
- Marijuana in Wisconsin: Research-Based Review and Recommendations for Reducing the Public Health Impact of Marijuana – June 2016